How To Choose Granite Countertops Like A Pro
There is a reason why Granite is one of the most sought-after materials for countertops. Even though it is a known fact that it is very durable, another reason for its popularity is its availability in different styles and colors.
This is extremely important as it helps with any kind of appliance. Before we dive deep into the tips and tricks to select the perfect granite for your place, let’s quickly examine the advantages of having granite countertops:
- One of the most popular reasons why people go for such countertops is to appreciate their home value. It is a perfect return on investment on your property. Even when you are looking to sell your house, if you have a kitchen with granite, then your house is likely to stand out.
- They are a perfect long-lasting job investment as their durability when compared to laminate countertops is much higher.
- Another reason to choose granite countertops is their low maintenance cost. if you install it based on the manufacturer guidelines, then you are almost stopping bacteria.
- Last but not the least, granite provides some stunning Beauty to the countertops.
Tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- One of the ways to choose the granite is to match it with cabinets. You could either match the color or the type of marbling. And when you match them with color, you essentially choose the same color for both cabinets and countertops. A unique thing about granite countertops is that even if the color of the cabinet and the countertop is not the same, it would still look good provided you pair them perfectly.
- Green granite Mike looks very good with espresso cabinets.
- White granite would complement dark brown cabinets.
- The next step to choose the right granite countertop is to find out if your choice is either light or dark. Some of the things to keep in mind is that if you have a small kitchen, then try considering light color granite as it would make the area feel larger. And if you are in one of those homes where your dining area does not get adequate natural light, then a light-colored one might be your best option. However, in most of the contemporary kitchens, the trend is increasingly shifting towards the dark color countertops.
- When identifying the color for your contact of the next step would be to identify the type of pattern that you want. They comes in three types of patterns namely:
If you do not want to have a lot of variations in the countertop patterns, then a Solid one I would be your best option. If you want to have a subtle change among color and texture, then Marbled would be your best bet.
Speckled Granite is one of the top options as it provides multiple variances in terms of texture. It is also a great option if you want to match the countertops with your stainless-steel appliances.
- Finally, the decision would be between the type of granite and whether it is tile or slab. If you are looking for an affordable option that also provides a high level of durability, then tile Granite type of countertops would be your best option. On the other hand, the solid slab type would not be that cost-friendly in terms of the materials.
Once you’ve decided on the type and color of the granite, then your next effort would be in its maintenance. Make sure to clean it on a regular basis so that it looks shinier and brighter and would complement your home appliances perfectly. An important thing to keep in mind during the overall process is to hire an experienced professional to do the installation.