Care For Your Hardwood Floors with Regular Resurfacing by an Expert
When it comes to flooring, homeowners have many options to choose from. Changing the flooring is an easy way to change the look of your home while increasing its value.
According to the website The Flooring Girl, hardwood flooring is growing in popularity and is the most preferred type of flooring. Many different types of flooring look like hardwood, but require less care. These include engineered vinyl planks and ceramic flooring that all look like hardwood.
Pros and Cons of Hardwood Flooring:
The site Flooringclarity.com states there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider when deciding on hardwood floors.
Here are some of the positives:
- Hardwood floors can increase the value of a home.
- Well-made, quality hardwood can last a long time, much longer than vinyl and carpet.
- Hardwood floors are easier to clean than many other finishes.
- Hardwood does not hold in allergens as many other textures do.
- Depending on the installation, planks can often be replaced if damaged.
- There are many different options to choose from, including domestic and exotic wood types.
Negatives of hardwood flooring:
- Pets with sharp claws may scratch the surface.
- Many pets can have a difficult time gaining traction for pets.
- The wood is not as soft or as warm as walking on a carpet.
- Moisture can warp hardwood boards, so they are not recommended for bathrooms or basements.
- Hardwood floors need special care and may need to be re-sanded/refinished every 7-10 years to keep them looking their best.
According to Lowe’s hardwood floors need weekly care. Here are some suggestions on keeping hardwood floors looking their best and retaining value.
- Dust them regularly
- Do not use water, vinegar, soapy cleaners, way or steam cleaners
- Use felt protectors under furniture
- Clean spills immediately to avoid stains
- Keep pets’ nails short and trimmed
When is it Time to Refinish Hardwood Floors?
TheInfiniteKitchen.com offers these tips to help homeowners know when it is time to refinish hardwood floors:
- If floors are dull and no longer shiny
- If there is minor chips or stains
- If there is superficial damage
Choosing the Right Hardwood Refinisher?
When refinishing hardwood, it is important to find established providers that have plenty of flooring industry experience. Choosing an inexperienced vendor can cause many problems and lead to a sub-par finished product.
Here are some tips from a top Hardwood Floor Refinishing Denver:
- Hardwood floors should be refinished every few years, even when well-maintained.
- Make sure that the provider uses the highest-quality finishes to protect hardwood from wear and tear.
- Look for NQRA Certified Installation and Finishing Company.
- Search for companies that have a dust containment system like GREENGUARD. This reduces dust and clean-up following the refinishing process.
Hardwood floors can add years of life to your home, far more than carpet and some vinyl sheeting options. All they need is a little care and proper refinishing to keep looking their best for years to come.